Sunday, October 3, 2010

About my last post

I got bored (surprise) and was reading back through my last post. I realize now that I may have been a bit too optimistic while writing it.

While stress is a causative factor when it comes to symptoms, it's not the only one. A few years ago, when I had just been accepted to pharmacy school, I didn't have near as much stress as I do now. Life was almost easy, but I still was constantly sick. Sometimes I was too sick to even get out of bed except for when I'd go to the bathroom. Even if I had said "to hell with it" back then, it wouldn't have mattered- I'd have still been sick as hell.

Trying to not worry about it and almost ignore it has helped some, but I have noticed I'm still avoiding my trigger foods. So even though it may feel like I've been able to forget about it lately, my subconscious is still very aware and is kind of managing things on another level so that I don't always realize.

I find it very easy to be optimistic when I am feeling good, so now that I'm not feeling so great I kind of got a wake up call. This disease is so up and down and apparently I let my mind get ahead of itself and think, "I'm feeling good! Managing this disease is as easy as just forgetting about it!" If I would have read a post like my last one during one of my bad weeks I probably would have unsubscribed if the poster thought that it was as easy as that! I sure hope I didn't lose any of you in my "blinded by optimism" post :D While stressing less about IBS may help decrease some of the symptoms, it's not going to make you feel 100% well.

Hope you all have a great week...fall is here!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! And I don't think you'll lose any readers. I think everyone with IBS understands it comes with ups and downs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it definitely does! That is exactly how i feel sometimes like everything is getting easier and then it happens! It's good to know others are with you in this and they understand.

    ReplyDelete