Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Update on the soft tissue manipulation

So last Wednesday was the day that I had the manipulation done. I was in pretty intense pain until Saturday.

Thanks to my awesome anxiety issues, I even looked up hernia symptoms and bowel perforation symptoms...luckily neither fit my situation. But if that tells you anything, it should tell you how bad it hurt. I sat in my living room or laid in my bed Thursday through Saturday with my heating pad moaning and complaining. It really, really sucked. I'm incredibly happy I didn't have class or work, or I would have had to miss it.

That was the bad part; now onto the good.

I have had COMPLETELY NORMAL STOOLS since the manipulation. Like 100% normal normal. I can't remember the last time that happened. I get excited every now and then because it somewhat resembles a normal stool, but everything was normal about it. No urgency, completely formed, no nausea/shaking/sweating, and I actually felt like I was finished when I was finished. No leaving the bathroom uneasy only to return minutes later.

That isn't the only part though. I also have been able to eat without becoming bloated afterwards...at all. I have been having a lot of problems with really painful bloating recently, so that has been wonderful these past few days.

I just got back from my chiropractor who must have apologized 10 times for making hurt that bad for that long, but he said that I'd probably still need to do it at least one more time. We'll see about that. He likened it to lifting weights. If you haven't lifted weights in 20 years and you go and lift a lot the first day, you're going to be in a lot of pain. You're also going to have to try again if you want to get the results you want. Luckily I won't have to have the manipulation done as many times as the weight lifter would have to go back to the gym, but I might have to do it again. We'll see.

For now, I'm just really excited about my freaking poop being normal.

1 comment: