Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I hate the winter

I was doing so well. If you follow my blog at all, you probably know that I've been a lucky girl as of late. I graduated, got engaged, and now we're building a house. Oh, and hey, my IBS has been in check too! Lots of things are finally going well for me.

But then winter happened, and I started struggling to stay well. I got a sinus infection and started feeling crummy here and there after I "recovered" from the infection. But this morning I woke up to a massive grumble in my stomach. Unfortunately, it was a grumble that I'm all too familiar with. And then the urgency hit me. Gahhh, here we go.

I spent the first two hours of my day in the bathroom, gobbling down Imodium and praying it would stop. I eventually dragged myself to my bed, flipped on the heating pad and fell asleep for a few hours. Good news is the urgency doesn't have any effect on you while you're unconscious. Luckily, when I woke up the Imodium had kicked in, but I was left with the cramping and general icky feeling.

After this little bout with my winter stomach bug, I'm thankful for a few things- Imodium, my heating pad and some wonderful coworkers who worked together to cover my 13 hour shift today. Can't imagine being stuck at work and having to run to the bathroom every 2 minutes. Let's hope this crap hits the road and is completely gone by tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Stupid mean IBS. Sigh. Mine's been under control too- though now I'm struggling the OTHER way because I started keto (great diet, hard for your GI tract) and I'm ending up super bound up no matter how much fiber or water I have. Haha. It could be worse, I guess! I'm sorry you had to go through that. :(

    ReplyDelete